PDA

View Full Version : What Book are you Reading

Fashion Yaa
5th November 2010, 06:21 AM
I am reading MASQUE OF AFRICA by V.S Naipaul.

He was recently in Ghana about 2yrs ago and I wondered why, now I know. If only the interview Paul Otchere did with him on Metro had captured research of this book as the reason for his visit. This Metro TV news anchor gave one of the most uncomfortable interviews I ever had to the pleasure to watch, essentially he had no idea about the works of VS Naipaul(none) but felt he could wing it simply because this writer is a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Hm, I wish I could find a clip of that interview cause normally Paul is excellent but he just fell short that day.

In any case, I have not started to read it but please share what books you are reading

Q' lypse
5th November 2010, 07:41 AM
I am reading MASQUE OF AFRICA by V.S Naipaul.

He was recently in Ghana about 2yrs ago and I wondered why, now I know. If only the interview Paul Otchere did with him on Metro had captured research of this book as the reason for his visit. This Metro TV news anchor gave one of the most uncomfortable interviews I ever had to the pleasure to watch, essentially he had no idea about the works of VS Naipaul(none) but felt he could wing it simply because this writer is a Nobel Peace Prize winner. Hm, I wish I could find a clip of that interview cause normally Paul is excellent but he just fell short that day.

In any case, I have not started to read it but please share what books you are reading

Yaa, what is the book about?

Q' lypse
5th November 2010, 07:48 AM
I'm an avid reader, never without a book.

I am currently reading THE EINSTEIN FACTOR by Win Wenger and Richard Poe. Never knew Albert Einstein was the dumbest student in school. The book is not about Einstein but it mentions other geniuses in it. Its about teaching yourself to be intelligent, having incredible memory using a method called 'image streaming'. Its going very slow because I'm writing exams at the moment, reading hundreds of pages of psychological theories and what have you.

Yaa, thanks for opening a thread like this.

neoxiang
5th November 2010, 09:27 AM
I haven't read anything this week, have been so tied up. Getting an Amazon Kindle next week, which hopefully, should fire me up to do more reading.

Fashion Yaa
5th November 2010, 09:32 AM
Yaa, what is the book about?

The book is about Traditional African Religion....Im thinking he wrote it from a fictional point of view and I think that is why he came to Ghana, to perhaps see some of the research on the subject matter. In the past he has written historical books but I only know him to write fiction on life in the Caribbean.

I just just started and plan to finish it by Monday next week then I'll come back and give a run down. Glad you like the post

Fashion Yaa
5th November 2010, 09:34 AM
I haven't read anything this week, have been so tied up. Getting an Amazon Kindle next week, which hopefully, should fire me up to do more reading.

Well I'd like to recommend you read whatever you desire and share with us how it is to read from the Kindle.

Q' lypse
5th November 2010, 09:25 PM
The book is about Traditional African Religion....Im thinking he wrote it from a fictional point of view and I think that is why he came to Ghana, to perhaps see some of the research on the subject matter. In the past he has written historical books but I only know him to write fiction on life in the Caribbean.

I just just started and plan to finish it by Monday next week then I'll come back and give a run down. Glad you like the post

cool. You are a fast reader

MegaMeister
6th November 2010, 07:43 AM
I just laid hands on John Grisham's newest best seller "The Confession". It's about a man who commits a heinous crime,then has an innocent man jailed for it. He later realizes his guilt and tries to come clean.......

Q' lypse
7th November 2010, 10:29 PM
Loving this website and every forum in it

Fashion Yaa
7th November 2010, 11:54 PM
cool. You are a fast reader

When the book is good,you have to agree its a fast read. But so far so good. He mostly posses questions about Traditional African Religion spanning his travels in Uganda, Nigeria-this is only about half of the book so far and the next reads will head to Ghana, South Africa.

One memorable line is how he compared Christianity and Islam in Africa to a fast food franchise, one on every corner and even the traditional healers are not immune to this cause there is a fee to use their services.

Q' lypse
8th November 2010, 06:50 AM
One memorable line is how he compared Christianity and Islam in Africa to a fast food franchise, one on every corner and even the traditional healers are not immune to this cause there is a fee to use their services.

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa, thats hilarious. I gotta get this book one day. Oh, I think I will use this metaphor in my writings on my visit to Ghana next week

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
9th November 2010, 03:29 PM
Janet Malcolm's Psychoanalysis: The Impossible Profession. It tackles the dichotomy of the Oedipus Complex theory,has some witty humor to it whiles certain pertinent questions about psychoanalysis are addressed.Some of Freud's ideas are tackled perfectly in this book.

Mind freaks will love this.

Neo
9th November 2010, 11:40 PM
Anything psychoanalytic i am in. Will check it out.

Quophi Aletse
11th November 2010, 02:39 AM
The Heart's Code - Tapping the wisdom and power of our heart energy

Fashion Yaa
12th November 2010, 08:07 AM
I spoke too soon when i said i could finish The Masque of Africa by this Monday past. This V.S Naipaul travel/research experience book reads like a hunt for truth.

Since I was more interested in his travels in Ghana, it seems so far the Ga Dagmbe(which he spells phoneticallyt as Gaa) have been open and introspective to him. He just found it peculiar that attemthe priestests made about the belief system was always compared to a"biblical" reference association.

albertcron
15th July 2011, 11:42 AM
Right now i am reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is superb novel. I recommend this novel other.

Fashion Yaa
17th July 2011, 05:11 PM
i agree the book is sooo much more naughty than the movies by far....loved it when i finally read it as well
Right now i am reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is superb novel. I recommend this novel other.

microunique
23rd July 2011, 03:11 PM
I always prefer to read the books on vedanta which defines the ultimate inner being of human in its various faculties. These books are not on the external life but has discovered the immense potential of human beings lied within himself.

Fashion Yaa
27th July 2011, 07:18 PM
I always prefer to read the books on vedanta which defines the ultimate inner being of human in its various faculties. These books are not on the external life but has discovered the immense potential of human beings lied within himself.

Please, if you ever get a chance, provide titles and authors on such books. Thanks for sharing

Fashion Yaa
27th July 2011, 07:20 PM
The main character, Hawa, I believe is living in the 1970 Ghana cause she mentions that Afro-wig is in style plus
she mentions that in African society even if you are Ashawo it is taboo to give blow-job, back-bumper pass and keeps saying Nkrumah money.

Oh yeah, did you know the term Ashawo means an unattached grown woman and is also a Yoroba word, oh yeah, that was cool to learn.

I have finished Hustling is not Stealing and not reading Exchange is not Robbery, hmm lets just take a look at the begining stage of the story where we see Hawa return to her ancestral home in Burkina Faso where her brother is living....its super funny and so reminiscent of these local language movies(Mercy Asiedu, Agya Koo) when it comes to palavar(trouble) that i just had to take the time and type it out for you to read

pg. 22-23
[ And what got me annoyed: my brother was so gentle with his wife, and he was trying
to play some fucking things with us. Mama Amma used to laugh at me on this case,
but I always used to be annoyed. The way my brother was with his wife: evening time, they
would bring the chairs outside. Then they would put their table in front of them. Then
they would bring their television and put it on. And their children were also sitting behind
there. Then she and the husband would start eating. Sometimes she would cut the food and put
it in the husband's mouth. They were always doing things like this. And we were all sitting
outside to eat, you know. So I used to be annoyed. I used to heat! What is he doing all
this for? When we are eating, we are eating, If we finish they are together: they can do
whatever they want. But not the time when we will all come around to eat......Then there was
the first wife. He divorced that woman. I used to feel pity for her. Then i used to be annoyed more. Ha!
When he divorced her, the woman said she would never marry again in her life. She ould stay in the
same house and die there, because she had children, and her children were the first senior
children of my brother, so she wouldn't leave the house and let the other bad woman come and treat these
children in some way.......So I used to be annoyed! You know, I used to take it sometimes as if I was that woman. Ha!
I used to tell Mama Amma: "No!****!Even this kind of soup, which they play romance with, how can
we eat it?" Then I would say, "Let's go out and eat." Ha-ha!]

robertmartin
22nd August 2011, 07:36 AM
Edgar Cayce Modern Prophet Four Complete Books(incredible book, you will learn a lot).

ajbabe
26th August 2011, 02:49 AM
am reading James Patterson's Double Cross
love Alex Cross's work.

ajbabe
26th August 2011, 02:50 AM
I just laid hands on John Grisham's newest best seller "The Confession". It's about a man who commits a heinous crime,then has an innocent man jailed for it. He later realizes his guilt and tries to come clean.......

John G is good. read a few of his books.

Q' lypse
6th September 2011, 10:16 PM
I read "Conversations With Myself", Nelson Mandela.

His deepest thoughts he wrote down in his diary when he was in prison. The man really suffered, you get to read his fears, sadness, strengths, bad dreams he had about his family. So much he went through..

I finished reading "The Multi-orgasmic man".

What a book!! I didn't know ejaculation was just a muscle contraction, that there is a difference between a man's ejaculation and ------. What I book. A man can have multiple orgasms without ejaculating, therefore no energy loss, on the contrary. I recommend this book to every male, ladies buy it for your man too..

Quophi Aletse
8th September 2011, 07:54 PM
I read "Conversations With Myself", Nelson Mandela.

His deepest thoughts he wrote down in his diary when he was in prison. The man really suffered, you get to read his fears, sadness, strengths, bad dreams he had about his family. So much he went through..

I finished reading "The Multi-orgasmic man".

What a book!! I didn't know ejaculation was just a muscle contraction, that there is a difference between a man's ejaculation and ------. What I book. A man can have multiple orgasms without ejaculating, therefore no energy loss, on the contrary. I recommend this book to every male, ladies buy it for your man too..

eii u clear that book finish .....
converstions with myself look interesting ... will check it out

Haynios
9th September 2011, 12:27 PM
I am reading "Dreams of Joy", a general fictitious story. It is really interesting uptil now and I hope that it remains the same interesting further also. I read many books as I love reading.I get all these books from overstock.

Q' lypse
10th September 2011, 09:53 PM
eii u clear that book finish .....

finished it bro, pa pa bi, whaaat. But I dont think Im ready to practise though, not yet.... Deep sh*t.

converstions with myself look interesting ... will check it out

Its Mandela, why wouldn't it be interesting. lol

Q' lypse
10th September 2011, 10:09 PM
Currently Reading, The Three Waves of Volunteers And The New Earth by Dolores Cannon..

http://i53.tinypic.com/2quhctz.jpg

In 1945, when the atomic bombs were dropped in WWII, our “protectors” and “watchers” in outer space saw that Earth was on a collision course with disaster. The prime directive of non-interference prevented them from taking any action, but then they came up with a brilliant plan to save Earth and assist her in her ascension. They couldn’t interfere from the “outside,” but maybe they could influence from the “inside.” So the call went out for volunteers to come and help. “Earth is in trouble – who wants to volunteer?”

The native souls living on Earth were too caught up on the wheel of karma. The only hope was to ask for pure souls to come who had never been trapped on karmic cycle.

Dolores in her hypnosis work has discovered three waves of these volunteers. Some have direct from the “Source” and have never lived in any type of physical body before. Others have lived as space beings on other planets or other dimensions. Because all memory is erased upon entry to the Earth dimension, they do not remember their assignments. Thus these beautiful souls have a difficult time adjusting to our chaotic world. These souls have vital role to play as they help all of the rest of us ascend to the New Earth.

Characteristics of the Three waves of Volunteers
The Difficulties Being Experienced by First-Timers
How the Shift is Affecting the Physical Body
The Roles of ETs and Light Beings in the Shift
Keepers of the Grid
The Separation of the Old and New Earth
What is the Significance of 2012

Quophi Aletse
10th September 2011, 10:54 PM
finished it bro, pa pa bi, whaaat. But I dont think Im ready to practise though, not yet.... Deep sh*t.

lolololololol .... u paaaaaa

Quophi Aletse
10th September 2011, 10:57 PM
Currently Reading, The Three Waves of Volunteers And The New Earth by Dolores Cannon..

http://i53.tinypic.com/2quhctz.jpg

In 1945, when the atomic bombs were dropped in WWII, our “protectors” and “watchers” in outer space saw that Earth was on a collision course with disaster. The prime directive of non-interference prevented them from taking any action, but then they came up with a brilliant plan to save Earth and assist her in her ascension. They couldn’t interfere from the “outside,” but maybe they could influence from the “inside.” So the call went out for volunteers to come and help. “Earth is in trouble – who wants to volunteer?”

The native souls living on Earth were too caught up on the wheel of karma. The only hope was to ask for pure souls to come who had never been trapped on karmic cycle.

Dolores in her hypnosis work has discovered three waves of these volunteers. Some have direct from the “Source” and have never lived in any type of physical body before. Others have lived as space beings on other planets or other dimensions. Because all memory is erased upon entry to the Earth dimension, they do not remember their assignments. Thus these beautiful souls have a difficult time adjusting to our chaotic world. These souls have vital role to play as they help all of the rest of us ascend to the New Earth.

Characteristics of the Three waves of Volunteers
The Difficulties Being Experienced by First-Timers
How the Shift is Affecting the Physical Body
The Roles of ETs and Light Beings in the Shift
Keepers of the Grid
The Separation of the Old and New Earth
What is the Significance of 2012

u like these hypnosis and trance info gathering books paaa ...... looks interesting but i hope its not redundant ...... im very picky with books these days lololol

AmaSuperOD
11th September 2011, 08:25 PM
Zane "The Hot Box" & "The Conversation" by Hill Harper..

Q' lypse
11th September 2011, 10:05 PM
u like these hypnosis and trance info gathering books paaa ...... looks interesting but i hope its not redundant ...... im very picky with books these days lololol

yeah bro. I'm picky too. But yeah, hypnosis is one powerful way where one can tap into the super-conscious and ask anything you like. You get to hear concepts that screw up mind your mind. Like how Dolores through hypnosis was able to contact Nostradamus like freaking 500 or so years ago and he explained his quatrains to her (well since time doesn't exist), this is in her 3 book series "Conversations With Nostradamus". And him seeing the future to write about, apparently he his his students that spirits in the future helped him write his quatrains. And who were some of these spirits? Dolores and those she put under hypnosis who contacted him. Imagine!
Before I read Conversations With God, most of the information in there, I knew from hypnosis. It was CWG that explained the no time, everything is happening at the same time now concept. See, the information corroborates with each other, from Michael Newton, Brian Weiss, Dolores Cannon, Mediums, Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra and Channeling. Metaphysics is my thing really.

Quophi Aletse
11th September 2011, 10:36 PM
yeah bro. I'm picky too. But yeah, hypnosis is one powerful way where one can tap into the super-conscious and ask anything you like. You get to hear concepts that screw up mind your mind. Like how Dolores through hypnosis was able to contact Nostradamus like freaking 500 or so years ago and he explained his quatrains to her (well since time doesn't exist), this is in her 3 book series "Conversations With Nostradamus". And him seeing the future to write about, apparently he his his students that spirits in the future helped him write his quatrains. And who were some of these spirits? Dolores and those she put under hypnosis who contacted him. Imagine!
Before I read Conversations With God, most of the information in there, I knew from hypnosis. It was CWG that explained the no time, everything is happening at the same time now concept. See, the information corroborates with each other, from Michael Newton, Brian Weiss, Dolores Cannon, Mediums, Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra and Channeling. Metaphysics is my thing really.

true true ..... see convincing ... lolololol

i go read the pdf of this book ....

Q' lypse
12th September 2011, 09:47 PM
true true ..... see convincing ... lolololol

i go read the pdf of this book ....
you and your book jacking. lool.

Some things might confuse you a bit even though she tries to explain because if you have been following the transcripts in her books, you would know what she is talking about right away.

It would be nice to read her Convoluted Universe book series if you are really interested in ancient Egypt and Atlantis (especially book one).

Quophi Aletse
12th September 2011, 09:58 PM
you and your book jacking. lool.

Some things might confuse you a bit even though she tries to explain because if you have been following the transcripts in her books, you would know what she is talking about right away.

It would be nice to read her Convoluted Universe book series if you are really interested in ancient Egypt and Atlantis (especially book one).

lololol book jacking paa ... lolololol ..........

anyways download in progress

Between Death and Life
Conversations With Nostradamus 1 & 2
The Convoluted Universe Book 3 (her most recent work)
The Custodians
They Walked With Jesus
Keepers of the Garden
Legacy From the Stars

cant find convulated universe 1 and 2 though

Q' lypse
16th September 2011, 12:19 PM
lololol book jacking paa ... lolololol ..........

anyways download in progress

Between Death and Life
Conversations With Nostradamus 1 & 2
The Convoluted Universe Book 3 (her most recent work)
The Custodians
They Walked With Jesus
Keepers of the Garden
Legacy From the Stars

cant find convulated universe 1 and 2 though

hm, good list. They Walked With Jesus is one of 2 books from her about Jesus. This one is past life regression with a woman in this life who was Jesus' niece during the time Yeshua was around. I actually got to know Jesus' real names from her book Jesus and the Essenes. Another past life regression with a person who was Jesus and John the Baptist's teacher when they were kids until about the age of 12 when they ventured into the world to learn more things.

Complicated metaphysics, because it will screw you up when reading it. lol

Fashion Yaa
16th September 2011, 12:44 PM
Zane "The Hot Box" & "The Conversation" by Hill Harper..how did u like The Conversation? I have high respect for Hill Harper as an actor .

ZANE has some very steamy ,imaginative at least for me, story lines that i like to read...i have a hard time remembering the titles cause they get so scandolous i wan pretend i didnt even read em.....shes da bomb

Fashion Yaa
16th September 2011, 12:50 PM
am reading James Patterson's Double Cross
love Alex Cross's work.how was the book sis...did u hear Tyler Perry will be the new Alex Cross in films?

Fashion Yaa
16th September 2011, 12:52 PM
I always prefer to read the books on vedanta which defines the ultimate inner being of human in its various faculties. These books are not on the external life but has discovered the immense potential of human beings lied within himself.im still waiting for those titles!!!!

Q' lypse
19th September 2011, 10:16 PM
how did u like The Conversation? I have high respect for Hill Harper as an actor .

i thought as much (the actor Hill Harper). Always knew there was something too cool about him in CSI New York. Even in acting the brother seems too smart. Obama classmate indeed.

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
19th September 2011, 11:00 PM
Zane "The Hot Box" & "The Conversation" by Hill Harper..
That's my sis right there... you love Zane...erotica narrator extraordinaire. I read most of her books back in the day....Afterburn, The Heat Seekers, the Flava series, Dear G-Spot etc

The last of her books I couldn't finish is Purple Panties. darnnnnnnnnnn hmmm the girl on girl action was hmmm

kadinroy
17th October 2011, 01:47 PM
I am a big fan of Harry Potter series of books. So as of now now I am reading its seven part. It is so nice to read this as compare to watch in film.

I feel the same about the Vampire series from TWILIGHT.BREAKING DAWN.ECLIPSE.......I CHOOSE to read them all n just might read the HarryPotter one's

wannia
28th October 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi............
Great discussion going in this forum.Glad to be a part of this forum.
In these days I cant read any book i already complete a book,Which name is "Life a gift".
It is a great book i get allot knowledge about life.:)

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
6th November 2011, 06:46 PM
I am currently tackling : Kabbalah, the Harmony of Oppposites; A Treatise Elucidating Bible Allegories and the Significance of Numbers by W.J, Colville

http://knowledgefiles.com/kfwp/wp-content/gallery/covers/kabbalah3.png

CONTENTS

Introduction
Chapter I – A General Outline of Kabbalah.
Chapter I – Inner Significance of the 22 Letters Comprising the Hebrew Alphabet
Chapter III – Book of Concealed Mystery.
Chapter IV – Book of Concealed Mystery. Humanity, Spiritual and Physical.
Chapter V – The Kabbalistic Use and Significance of Numbers.
Chapter VI – Kabbalistic Views of the Human Soul, Its Nature and Destiny.
Chapter VII – Kabbalistic Doctrine Concerning Cause and Effect (Karma).

DOWNLOAD E-BOOK HERE (http://knowledgefiles.com/download/index.php?WJ_Colville_-_Kabbalah_The_Harmony_of_Opposites.zip)