View Full Version : Juju Scare Hits GFA Over Anagblah's Death

19th June 2012, 11:45 AM
Ghana Football was dealt a terrible blow last week Thursday, with the demise of the Vice- President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Jordan Anagblah, at the SSNIT Hospital in Accra.

Family sources at his Adenta residence, near the West Africa Secondary School (WASSS), suspect he was hit by a juju spell cast by certain elements at the GFA.

Mr. Anagblah, aged 55, had been battling an unknown illness, which made him swell, and had to be rushed to South Africa for medical treatment.

The illness, which some thought was due to kidney failure, showed up shortly after the 2012 Nations Cup in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

The kidney failure claim is being rebuffed by family sources, who say , “Jordan doesn’t drink alcohol”.

The late GFA Veep, who hailed from Dzodze in the Volta Region, while bedridden many times, also expressed suspicion that his illness was a result of a juju attack on his life. He is said to have dropped some names at the GFA as culprits, in the process.

Mr. Anagblah is credited with leading Ghana’s Under-20 soccer team, the Black Satellites, to Africa’s first gold medal at the FIFA World Youth Tournament in Egypt in 2009.

Mr. Anagblah, who was also the Chairman of the Greater Accra Regional Football Association, also led the team to victory at the African Youth Tournament the same year in Rwanda.

The man who was born into the Catholic Church, once an affirmed atheist, claimed he had not been to church for over 40 years.

Mr. Anagblah gave his life to Christ and became a born-again Christian, after his return from South Africa for treatment.

He once played a Fourth Division Football team called Welfare Stars with one George Vorsah, an elder brother of the Black Star defender Isaac Vorsah, at Madina-Accra, where he grew up.

In an interview with Top Radio in May, this year, Mr. Anagblah revealed that he was declared dead for 72 hours by doctors, but became a firm believer in Christ after an encounter with a stranger by his sickbed in South Africa.

He thus declared his intention to combine his commitments to football with evangelizing about Jesus Christ. This he did, by preaching about Christ to anybody who visited him, to wish him speedy recovery.

“God healed me and right now I am very strong. There is no power mightier than that of God. I was declared dead, but after 72 hours God healed me’’.

“I therefore give thanks to God for healing me…For over 40 years I had never gone to church, but during my illness in my room, someone came into my room, prayed with me and told me that I am healed.

“She was an old lady, whom I never saw again, but I have not felt pains from that day.

“That is why I am now a born again Christian,” he said in the interview with the Kokomlemle-based station.

He once worked for the Granada Hotel near the Tetteh Quarshie roundabout in Accra.

the herald