PDA

View Full Version : Idris Elba's middle name is Akuna <please provide the meaning below

Fashion Yaa
17th June 2012, 07:13 PM
I just purchased the magazine article covering the current state of my future husband, Idris Elba =):chuncky:(me nya papa)
----------------
:panda:
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF Akuna?
:ambivalence:
----------------
In anycase as you know he has a Ghanaian mother and a Sierra Leonean father but is a British national cuz that is his birthplace.

The article revealed that his middle name is "Akuna", I could not help but think that surely this is the male version of Akuma Mama Zimbid's first name Akuma.....
I know Akuma Mama Zimbid did a singing special in Krobo a while back but Im not gonna use that to assume this is her tribal identity.

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
20th June 2012, 04:29 AM
I just purchased the magazine article covering the current state of my future husband, Idris Elba =):chuncky:(me nya papa)
----------------
:panda:
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF Akuna?
:ambivalence:
----------------
In anycase as you know he has a Ghanaian mother and a Sierra Leonean father but is a British national cuz that is his birthplace.

The article revealed that his middle name is "Akuna", I could not help but think that surely this is the male version of Akuma Mama Zimbid's first name Akuma.....
I know Akuma Mama Zimbid did a singing special in Krobo a while back but Im not gonna use that to assume this is her tribal identity.

Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

Could it be be a derivative of the Spanish ACUNA ? The last name ELBA also has a Spanish air around it.

This link has some interesting notes too http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/surname/Akuna/akuna-family-history-and-family-tree

i hope it helps.

Fashion Yaa
20th June 2012, 06:52 AM
Yes it helps a lot, to know<-----thats deep. Ill browse the site :)

QUOTE=Pope Bitterz D'Alomo;36229]Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

Could it be be a derivative of the Spanish ACUNA ? The last name ELBA also has a Spanish air around it.

This link has some interesting notes too http://www.ancientfaces.com/research/surname/Akuna/akuna-family-history-and-family-tree

i hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

Fashion Yaa
20th June 2012, 06:52 AM
Yes it helps a lot, to know<-----thats deep. Ill browse the site :)

QUOTE=Pope Bitterz D'Alomo;36229]Akuna i'm told has aboriginal origins- meaning to know however i have no information about the Ghanaian or Sierra Leonian connection.

i hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

MegaMeister
5th July 2012, 07:28 AM
The spanish name is actually ALBA

Fashion Yaa
5th July 2012, 01:29 PM
I was thinking its short for El Ba???(something something) cuz I lnow Sierra Leone has a huge Bambara and Muslim pooulation. But for suee Akuna is a Ghanaian name, I believe it means Uncle but I could be wrong