PDA

View Full Version : Mac's editing just drives me up the wall

dalehileman
19th December 2011, 07:51 PM
1. Using Mac Mail the A-A mag works only when I reply to somebody else's email but not on my own, as I compose the missive I have to sit up and do the Com - A, Com- + routine, a real nuisance. Surely there's a way to engage the former easy means that works everywhere else

2. Many times when I reply to an email Mac inserts a bunch of vertical lines over to the left, and makes a black square with white X in upper left corner jump all over the screen to no apparent end. In addition when this square is present it changes all the usu editing rules, making things increasingly complicated. How can I get rid of all that stuff permanently

Yes yes, you guys terribly mad at all times about nearly everything, I know how you’re going to answer, I really left myself wide open didn’t I

Oh, I use “Mac” referring to all incompetent programmers everywhere

dalehileman
19th December 2011, 08:36 PM
No.2 Son you can't help I know, since hou don't use Mac so perhaps hou've made the right choice

Mac's editing being so incredibly incompetent it can't even recognize hou as a misspelling of you in spite of the y being just above the h. Don't they touch type

Another example, Mac thinks the ove in above isd a misspelling (?) and doesn't recognize isd as misspelling of is while somehow there's something wrong with elling too. I wonder what..maybe somebody GV will tell us

My God they (Mac’s programmers, not the GV guys) must have the vocabulary of first-graders or maybe his staff is situated in some overseas venue. Everything else is overseas

But fellas behold after only 17 years Mac has finally provided font in a dropdown—Huzzah—he must have hired a programmer with an IQ exceeding 14. Try it, all you have to do is highlight the word and ldeft-click—easy—you don't have to sit up to your keyboard—that’s the way all dropdonwns should work

…..and finally you've acknowledged that uit is a misspelling of it. Wow! How long did that take for one of your minions to realize the u is next to the i—such brilliance

Thank you Mac—finally--thank you, thank you

And you'll note they haven't yet learned that ldeft- is a misspelling of left-

Well, in another 17 years…..

dalehileman
19th December 2011, 08:46 PM
Getting back to email replies: Some brilliant Mac employee having an IQ of better than 17 has set up a system where various contributors to an email are identified by their comments being in different colors, for which thank you Mac but you’ll have to give this guy his own office somewhere lest with his superior intelligence he is murdered by jealous co-workers

As I said if aerospace programmers were equally incompetent we’d long ago have been wiped out by nuclear war owing to Mac’s gratis editing of international correspondence. But that’s OT

Getting back to the color system, Mac hasn’t yet perfected it so the colors happen only about half the time so keep at it Mac, in only another 20 years maybe you’ll learn why and in only another 6 years fix it

Neo
19th December 2011, 09:41 PM
Dalehileman are you a real person or a sophisticated spam machine sampling keywords on the website and auto generating posts? If you are a real person can you please answer the following simple questions.

1. What is the Capital of Ghana?

2. What is the Capital of Australia?

3. Please spell your username using CAPS

Thank You.

dalehileman
19th December 2011, 10:16 PM
Dalehileman are you a real person or a sophisticated spam machine sampling keywords on the website and auto generating posts? The former, I think

If you are a real person can you please answer the following simple questions.I'll certainly try Neo if it won't take too long as I've been at this 6 hrs already today

1. What is the Capital of Ghana?I don't know Neo but you might consult Google

2. What is the Capital of Australia? Sydney I think but why do you ask (see 1. above)

3. Please spell your username using CAPSDalehileman DaleHileman, DALEHILEMAN, Dale Hileman DALE HILEMAN and several others

But any of those first three will work as i don't think a username is case sensitive while i'm pretty sure it can't have spaces but again why do you ask

However if you need it's called "spacebar" and at the bottom of almost all keyboards

(Case means whether lower like this or upper, in CAPS LIKE THIS. But again if you need it, On my keyboard at least the shift key is situated just to the right of the question mark (?) and if it isn't labeled, you can recognize it by being wider than most of the other keys)

Thank You. Neo you're entirely welcome, it's been a pleasure chatting with you

dalehileman
19th December 2011, 10:40 PM
Oh anyone by the way, what on earth is spam, I thought it was a lunchmeat

Neo
19th December 2011, 10:44 PM
Welcome to the forum Dehileman. You have passed activation my friend. Lol. Feel free to dazzle us with you rich intellectual acumen that we have become accustomed to. I hope this new found friendship and GV camaraderie last for eons.

ajbabe
19th December 2011, 11:04 PM
two nerdys....noooooooooo

dalehileman
20th December 2011, 11:39 PM
Neo thank hyou again most kindly. Apparently you have concluded that I'm not a computer program after all but a humasb
humasb humasb
humasb
jumas
jms
j j
]