PDA

View Full Version : Komfo Anokye's sword

Neo
10th December 2011, 02:56 PM
The ‘unmovable’ Sword of the OKomfo Anokye remains in the grounds of the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, where he pushed it into the ground, almost 300yrs ago.

http://photos.myjoyonline.com/photos/news/201112/516822091_202275.PNG

It is believed the OKomfo pronounced that no one would be able to remove the sword, and so it has remained in spite of attempts.

The sword marks the spot where the Golden stool initially descended from the sky and legend has it that the state would collaps should it ever be pulled out of the ground.

The sword is situated in the Ashanti Region of Ghana Republic.

Quophi Aletse
11th December 2011, 04:13 AM
the famous k anokye's sword ........ so really no one has been able to uproot it?

Pope Bitterz D'Alomo
11th December 2011, 05:56 AM
I always believed this was just an old wives tale(Ghana's version of King Arthur and Excalibur kinda thing). I mean is there no man brave enough to attempt dislodging the sword or is it just not worth the attempt ? Is this how best the site can be preserved ?

CuTiEbABy
11th December 2011, 08:14 AM
It is situated at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital and I have wondered too if it cant be uprooted. My guess is that it will be hard for someone to do go excavate it. You will have to go through the Asantehene and I doubt anyone will be given the permission to do it.

If permission is given and the sword is able to be removed, there goes the foundation of the Ashanti Kingdom......that I believe, the Ashantis will not allow to happen and so it remains in the ground.

Fashion Yaa
11th December 2011, 10:40 AM
Kwaku Bomsam should try......but the fire and brimestone results are what i dont want